The online world is a very daunting place to start and sometimes we just need a gentle reminder of the key components that make up a fantastic online strategy. This article brings a summary of the 7 primary keys you should consider when deciding what to incorporate into your digital marketing strategy. So let’s go for it!
1. Website Design
As the face of your company your website needs to be professional, clean and easy for your users to navigate around. It is crucial to build a website strategy that aligns with the brand platform of your company. Everything is done with purpose towards a specific goal, making it easy to communicate your value.
Your website must be:
- Be responsive and mobile friendly.
- Communicate your company’s values.
- Use relevant and up-to-date content.
- Have product-specific landing pages that can generate leads.
- Integrate with customer relationship management and marketing automation tools.
2. Content Marketing
Content is what fuels both social media and SEO processes and these two fronts are even more powerful when used in unison. You need to create high quality content for your consumer, which has independent value and has the potential to bring people to your site, so they can view and buy your products. Getting the right content in the right place is crucial to any digital business. Therefore, understanding what kind of content you need, producing quality content and promoting it is the bread and butter of digital marketing. Equal stress need to be put on Content management as well which should be capable of maintain high-volume content and seamless integration of data in the likelihood of new platform.
- 61% of consumers say they are more likely to buy from a company that delivers customer content.
- Content Marketing drives 3x as many leads as traditional marketing.
Why does Content Work?
When you create and publish information you build trust and authority among your prospects without going the hard-selling way.
Advantages of Content Marketing
- Increased Visibility
- Improved Brand Loyalty
- Obtain Prospects & Leads
- Drive Sales
3. Search Engine Optimization
SEO is more than just getting more traffic to your website. If you are starting out with your own SEO strategy, you need to first survey your online influences, competitors and your unique customer activity. This will enable you to create search optimization techniques that will have a significant effect not just on online traffic, but targeted, quality traffic. Strategies will include offsite and onsite optimization and great content.
- SEO is key to getting found online.
- 90% of users research products & services online.
- 50% intend on making a purchase.
You can increase your traffic by making sure your site appears in the search engine by doing the following:
- Content Optimization
- Create Content Based on Research
- Keyword Research
- Get Inbound Links to Site
4. Email Marketing
Email marketing has always been a strong marketing channel that can complement your other strategies. Unlike social media marketing, email marketing can be more personal and can solidify old bonds with your long-term audience.
- Email is the highest converting marketing channel at 4.16%.
- Build permission based email lists by providing value to subscribers.
- Establish regular communications with your email lists to nudge them into leads & sales.
- Use analytics & segmentation to increase subscriber engagement.
5. Social Media Presence
Using social media for your business will provide significant results in the long term, but first you need to determine the best social platforms that will be right for your business.
You will need to decide what resources you will have to dedicate to Social Media, both people and budget wise. Once you have the channels set up and processes in place to manage engagement and the distribution of appropriate content via a Social Media Planner, then you will find Social Media a rewarding and fun part of your Digital Marketing Strategy.
- 72% of all internet users are now active on social media.
How to grow your social networks:
6. Paid Advertisements
It may be one of the most reliable marketing tools since it is a paid service and it can provide results very quickly as you are targeting those people searching for specific keywords, it can also be a waste of resource if handled incorrectly.
The first step is determining where your opportunities are, doing keyword research around your products and services to determine search volume, what the cost per click of your keywords might be and what the competition levels for those keywords. Once you determine which paid advertising channel is best for you, what your budget is, what your objectives are, how you are going to measure them, then you can set up your process for getting started.
- Find high-converting keywords & phrases.
- Set-up your campaigns by writing ads & creating landing pages.
- Track & optimize campaigns to improve results.
- Banner Ads: Advertise your business & content on relevant websites.
- Social Media: Boost your audience & content exposure on social media.
- Re-Targeting: Advertise to people who have already visited your website.
It is not easy to keep track of online marketing and it is difficult to provide ROI data if you do not know how to collect and analyze your online data. There is a set up process, setting goals, segmenting your audience and creating custom reports to show you the exact data you need to make accurate decisions with your business.
You need to measure and analyze your marketing to make improvements and maximize effectiveness.
- 8% Marketing Directors report they spend 8% of their marketing budgets on marketing analytics.
- Analytics provide you crucial insights into your marketing’s ROI.
Which metrics you should be tracking?
- Unique Visits
- Visitors Locations
- Mobile Visitors
- Traffic Acquisition
- Bounce Rates
- Time on Site
- Page Views
- Social Followers
- Social Shares
- Inbound Links
- Referring Sites
- Keyword Rankings
- Lead Volume
- Sales-Ready Leads
- Closed Customers
- Conversion- Rates
- Google provides a free, fully equipped analytics tool that everyone should be using.
- At the bare minimum, you should be checking your site and content analytics weekly.
- Once you understand how your campaigns are performing you can optimize your results.
Marketing in digital channels is a prerequisite for businesses. Just like the time spent into developing your product, it is essential to invest in a comprehensive digital strategy to introduce your product to your targeted markets and continually manage your brand presence.